Image by BSBI member Natalie Harmsworth,
Organiser of the BSBI Photographic Competition
Nominations have now opened for this year's awards - who will you nominate? Do you know any botanical recorders who have made an outstanding contribution?
These contributions can include anything from a significant number of records made in a year, the number of participants at a BioBlitz, plugging of gaps in knowledge in a specific area of the UK, through to the number of datasets available for download, technical innovation in recording wildlife or encouraging participation through the development of apps or games etc.
- Gilbert White Youth Award for recording terrestrial and freshwater wildlife
- Gilbert White Adult Award for recording terrestrial and freshwater wildlife
- David Robertson Youth Award for recording marine and coastal wildlife
- David Robertson Adult Award for recording marine and coastal wildlife
- Lynne Farrell Group Award for recording wildlife in any environment – group members may be of all ages. This award is named after BSBI's own Lynne Farrell, County Recorder for Mid Ebudes, BSBI Hon Gen Sec 2010-2014 and co-author of the Vascular Plant Red Data List for Great Britain
- Adult Newcomer Award for recording wildlife