Nominations have opened for the NBN Awards for Wildlife Recording 2021.
These annual NBN Awards celebrate the individuals, the newcomers and the groups of people or whole organisations that are making outstanding contributions to wildlife recording and improving our understanding of the natural world in the UK. They were developed in 2015 by the National Biodiversity Network Trust, in partnership with the National Forum for Biological Recording and the Biological Records Centre.
There are five categories of awards:
- NBN Award for Wildlife Recording - Terrestrial (open to individuals 21 years +)
- NBN Award for Wildlife Recording - Marine (open to individuals 21 years +)
- NBN Group Award (no age restrictions)
- NBN Young Person’s Award (open to individuals aged 11-20)
- NBN Newcomer Award (open to individuals 21 years +)
The five short-listed nominees from each award category will be announced on 5th October and the winners will be announced at a ceremony in November, as part of the National Biodiversity Network's annual conference.